Sunday, April 19, 2009

The beautiful bookworm concedes

It feels like midnight, though the sun has just tipped its hat to darkness. For I have spent the day on this floor, working, reading, writing.

The night turns motley. Fresh beer, microwaved dinner, a tedious search for literary mags with an attitude. I'm on the 'H's and wary.

Marvin has long bowed out of asking me what's goin' on. I drift into the bathroom, carefully wash hands for no reason under scalding water. And reach for a paper towel.

And there sits the lion. And there sits the lion. I exhale a watery sigh. It must have been a long day, and I must be really tired. The beautiful bookworm concedes.

2 comments:

MrScribbler said...

And those of us who admire the beautiful bookworm refuse to concede....

You WILL prevail!

Jayne Neverow said...

Your words are written as though you've imbibed truth serum. Beautiful and relevant.