Friday, November 07, 2008

Too old for this

It's amazing how that adorable little Angel to your left can be such a fierce and unrepentent germ carrier.

After spending a few weeks coughing on her mother and me and a few days in the hospital, my 4-month old goddaughter finally bestowed the gift of respiratory synctial virus on us both.

And despite being floored today and having to cancel my appearance at the mass comm conference of a local college, I can't even get mad at an infector so cute.

Alongside some much-needed TLC, I slept woozily all day in between slurps of soup and concerned calls. I'd even like to say I feel better, but physically I don't.

The thing about me is that I never get sick and when I do, it's not pretty. And I get angry and impatient with my body as it fights and purges the germs.

I missed work and a story today. I'll miss my girlfriend's birthday party tonight. And I'll probably miss meeting my group on campus 56 miles away tomorrow.

I'd even like to say I'll let NyQuil do it's job tonight, but in all likelihood I'll use the time on my back to catch up on Stats lectures online, neglected during this hectic election week.

No matter how old you get, sometimes you just want your Mommy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww hugs. You can come hangout with us. We will take care of each other.

Also when she is older and giving both of us, we can remind her of this moment and guilt her into behaving...lol. Love you.

Katness said...

I'm already plotting the guilt trip. Is two years old too young for a clothesline? That's about as long as I can wait before I take my vengeance. (I kid! I kid!)