- Visiting the ER;
- Getting diagnosed with bronchitis and an upper respiratory infection;
- Fighting to hold down solid food;
- Bowing to the Porcelain God;
- Coughing up a lung with a sore throat and a bad attitude;
- Passing out on the living room floor--twice;
- Having fever and chills;
- Having quickly-forgotten conversations while delirious from said fever;
- Wishing for unsupervised showers--or showers period, whichever tickles your fancy;
- Missing deadlines, responsibilities, classes and events; and
- Generally wishing for death.
But late Wednesday and today have been better days. I'm not 100 percent yet and still easily winded. But I'm sitting on the couch right now with stewed ox tail and rice and peas and, frankly, life couldn't be better. Progresso tends to get a bit depressing after five days.
And besides, I can breathe through both nostrils and have coherent thoughts without dry heaving!
It's funny the basic things you take for granted when you're not incapacitated. I think I'll even go into work tomorrow.
*dreading inbox and blinking red message light*
3 comments:
I was going to ask if there is anyone there with you to speed your recovery along until I saw that you were wishing for unsupervised showers.
Sidebar: Is it just me or does the word Phlegm sound exactly like what it is? Ick.
To your health, my good lady. Get better.
Just check yup, light is blinking. hugs
So glad you're getting better!
Being sick is no fun, but sometimes knowing someone you care about is ill and you're powerless to help is even worse....
Oxtail soup? Finished it off with a plate of pickled canary tongues, I bet.
Post a Comment