Saturday, November 01, 2008

Superwomen

I'm headed this morning to the Women's Lifestyle Spirit Awards. I nominated the indomitable Michelle Ferrier for an award last month and, sure enough, she got one.

As a Poynter and N-J columnist and managing editor of MyTopia Cafe--not to mention a full-time mom and wife, who recently got her Ph.D. in texts and technology--Michelle is just that much of an amazing woman.
Her digital quilt designed for survivors of Hurricane Katrina to share their stories is definitely worth a look.
Today I nod my head in respect to Superwomen everywhere. I'm proud to call this one my friend. Now I go shave my legs because, you know, that's what us Superwomen do.

4 comments:

MrScribbler said...

Today, I bow my head in respect to a Superwoman-in-training.

We are at least partially formed and directed in life by those we admire, those we seek to emulate.

And each of those admirable figures started simply, worked hard to become who they now are.

As you are, as you will be.

Katness said...

Darn. And here I was thinking I was already full fledged... :)

michelleferrier said...

Kari,
You are a wonderful friend and a true superwoman in training. To be full-fledged, you must add a few years and a few pounds;-)

Much love,
Michelle

MrScribbler said...

Close, dear Kari...verrrrrry close! ;-)