I spotted the photo accompanying this entry on Russell Holloway's blog, Bullets & Butterflies. Russell's a local mental health counselor and an all-round good guy. The talented photographer is his friend Thera Sorg. Check out her Web site; it's cool.
Post title inspired by McCharacters Music Cafe & Sports Bar. I've never been, but I do see their name all the time in Sheriff's Office incident reports. :)
3 comments:
Seems to me that characters who don't travel their own road -- sometimes giving the author fits -- aren't very interesting.
I've yawned my way through novels where the author had his people completely mapped out and was never in doubt as to what they would think/say/do.
Not naming names, Robert B. Parker....
Naturally, I expect your characters to be warm, vivid, fascinating, and more than a little unruly!
Do good work ... :-)
Not naming names, huh, Scribby?
One of my characters is TOTALLY UNRULY. She's my favourite. ;)
Thanks for sharing the photo and offering inspiration, Russell!
Post a Comment