
I know this might seem a bit random, if not delightfully nerdy, but here's a list of the books on one of my top shelves.
For every one, I've never forgotten their back stories. Some given by friends, a few by the author. Some grabbed at used book stores in northern cities and small southern towns. Some with spines like braille that tell tales of several re-reads.
1. Racial Paranoia: The Unintended Consequences of Political Correctness by John L. Jackson, Jr.
2. Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama
3. Theft by N. S. Koenings
4. A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines
5. The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid
6. The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen
7. Eyeing de Word: Love Poem for Ettylene by Leroy Clarke
8. Islamic Imperialism: A History by Efraim Karsh
9. Paint it Black by Janet Fitch
10. De Distance is Here by Leroy Clarke
11. White Teeth by Zadie Smith
12. Finding the Center by V.S. Naipaul
13. The Known World by Edward P. Jones
14. Black, White and Jewish: Autobiography of a Shifting Self by Rebecca Walker
15. faithless by Joyce Carol Oates
16. The Opposite of Fate by Amy Tan
17. Belladonna by Karen Moline
18. Goodnight Bush by Erick Origen and Gan Golan
19. Breathing the Fire by Kimberly Dozier
What's on your shelf?
8 comments:
As so often happens, I draw inspiration from what you write...will use this idea in my journal....
"Delightfully nerdy?" You? The first word fits, anyway....
So long as credit is given where credit is due. ;)
You think I could withhold credit from you? No es possible....
Your post prompted me to reflect:
http://louis-hopscotch.blogspot.com/2009/02/books-shelved.html
Right now cookbooks, parenting magazines and romance novels. Yes say what you will. :-)
Yay! I got here through a link from Scribs :)
Kate! Glad you made it. You were missed. :P
http://blog.tikitender.com/2009/02/my-top-shelf.html
Post a Comment