Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Inked

Thirty minutes ago I was sitting cross-legged on the couch, still in my work clothes, having just returned from the 108-mile roundtrip to campus.
And in my exhausted state I was, of course, feeling sorry for myself because I have to spend the rest of the night studying for a midterm tomorrow despite today's--and tomorrow's--journalistic chaos.
I mean, doesn't it count for something that I wrote another 1A today? No? Thought so.
But I digress. So I'm tired and feeling sorry for myself, if not slightly overwhelmed, when I crack--no pun intended--the tab on that bad boy over there.
I call Sara to read the label aloud. Inked Energy Drink. Bebida Energetica. Artificially flavoured tropical fruit beverage.
And now I'm happy, happy, happy. I feel like I can study all night. Maybe take a flying leap off the balcony?
Energy drinks might not be good for me, but if they're the difference between coping with my crazy life this week and passing tomorrow's exam, well, gulp, gulp.

3 comments:

Jayne Neverow said...

Oh dear...Go easy on that stuff, will ya? I've heard the Crash factor is unbearable.

Katness said...

Yeah. I know. I have generally pretty healthy habits, but I needed it last night.

Btw, I think I kicked the midterm's azz.

Jayne Neverow said...

That's what I like to hear! Stay the course.