
I'm sitting at the deli across the street from the newspaper, waiting on my chicken salad croissant, when the Super Sandwich-Making Lady wanders outside.
"Hey, Kari," she says. "You want lettuce and tomato on that?"
And I'm all like, Dude, how does she know my name?
Photo courtesy Family Recipes. (Beware the site music.)
6 comments:
I could say "'cause you're famous!
Or I could say "because you paid for it with plastic and she saw the receipt?"
Dammit. Mystery solved. Here I was thinking I was JUST THAT IMPORTANT. :)
False alarm! Nothin' to see here; move along, move along...
Now there's a nice little reality check. No matter. You will be that famous soon. I can feel it.
Aw. Thanks, cuz.
And when you are that famous, the shop will probably give you the sandwich for free!
Which, considering the way writers are paid, is not such a bad thing in itself.... ;-)
Let's not count our chickens, shall we?
And anyway, I'd so keep paying for their sammiches!
Post a Comment