Saturday, January 31, 2009

Tag shmag


When The Slacker tags, I obey. By choice.
20 random things, shortcomings, facts, habits or goals this year:
1. I'm finally learning that it's OK to put roots in one place.

2. I have to write. I have no excuses. Not time, not energy, not formulaic, 15-inch stories at work. I have to write for me.

3. Sometimes pain can be buried so deeply that you forget it's there. But the soul always knows.

4. Just when motivation reaches its all time low, there's always that one story that keeps you going, that makes the job worth doing.

5. I can't live, can't function without music.

6. Finding more beach time is critically important for rejuvination.

7. There are no regrets, only painful lessons.

8. Sometimes it's not me; it's you.

9. The insomnia is back.

10. I actually have free time.

11. I'm cooking again because I have more free time. And because my dining room table is the best area restaurant.

12. Shallow people who live mediocre, colourless lives annoy and sadden me. But mostly annoy me.

13. It's time for another piercing.

14. I'm really glad I didn't get back into advertising or follow the PR path I'd set for myself.

15. I'm too tough for my own good.

16. There are no secrets in a newsroom.

17. My 7-month-old goddaughter is the most beautiful baby I've ever known. Seeing her birth changed my life.

18. Relationships can't succeed without trust; love and forgiveness aren't enough.

19. I have to put this book on paper.

20. A lioness will fight to the death for her mate.
I nominate Ms. Neverow. She may obey. By choice.
Personal photo of the Berlin Wall display at the Newseum

2 comments:

slacker said...

Thank you

Jayne Neverow said...

Great list.I shall obey...by choice.