Imbibing: A recently rediscovered end of Angostura Rum Punch, which incidentally has been fermenting in the fridge for several months now, waiting to be my evening muse.Munching: Lay’s Potato Chips in anticipation of a dinner date tonight.
Reading: My interview notes for an article.
Sometimes it can be one of the more annoying parts of being a journalist: deciphering unreadable notes scribbled in haste in the worst shorthand, typing up quotes, and piecing together a story from my observations and what people said.
But I actually like it (except when I procrastinate enough for the interview’s immediacy and my impressions to all but disappear).
It’s like a puzzle: in the end it all makes sense and even if the quotes and researched info aren’t in the order they were received, they flow.
(This post was my final effort at procrastination. Discipline is so difficult at times when you’re on your own time. Can I go write it now?)
No comments:
Post a Comment