Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Ahh Moment

When I cracked my eyelids this morning, between two towering coconut trees and a sprawling samaan, I spied the blue line of a perfect horizon. I slid the glass doors open. The day's soundtrack: whistling birds, rustling trees.

It's impossible to be fully stunned by St. Lucia at night, which was when I arrived -- their first wet one in weeks. They say I brought the rain.

Gregory and I stayed up for much of the night catching up and talking about the local communications industry; it made me feel better. I thought it would have been hard falling asleep in the heat, but my body was exhausted. I slept like the dead.

My being here is still surreal; my mind is still in Florida, but I suspect that will dwindle sooner than I think. For now, for today, I'm not thinking of financial obligations miles away.

I'll grab something to eat and walk down to the beach, grab a beer and have My "Ahhhh..." Moment.

After all, as Gregory says, I'm in St. Lucia now.


Photo courtesy procorbis.com

No comments: